Rajapinta ry on vuonna 2017 perustettu informaatioteknologian ja yhteiskuntatieteellisen tutkimuksen kohtaamispaikka. Yhdistyksen tavoitteena on edistää yhteiskuntatieteellistä informaatioteknologian tutkimusta sekä digitaalisten ja laskennallisten menetelmien käyttöä yhteiskuntatieteissä. Toimintamme on avointa kaikille opiskelijoille, tutkijoille ja tutkimuksen ystäville!
Rajapinta is a scientific association that advocates the social scientific study of ICT and ICT applications to social research in Finland. The association was founded in January 2017.
The short-term goal of the association is to improve collaboration and provide opportunities for meetings and networking; in the long term, we aim to reach the official status of a learned society in Finland.
We organize monthly open meetups, which can be used to discuss research topics and choices of methods, as well as read and comment others’ work. Rajapinta also gives financial support to events organized by its members through the Community action mechanism.
We thank Kone Foundation for their support for these operations.
Joining the association
You can join the association by submitting a membership application.
For now, there are no annual membership fees nor a joining fee.
If you require assistance or need help, contact us via email@example.com.
Rajapinta mailing list and Slack
To join our mailing list send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Despite the name, the list is mainly for information sharing purposes, CFP’s and seminar notices and conversations occur only rarely. To send a message to everyone on the list, send an email to discussion ät rajapinta.co .
For discussion, we have our own Slack platform, where members can join various existing channels and also found their own. Invitation link has been sent to all members, but in case you need one, send an email to membership at rajapinta.co.
- email@example.com – Want to speak out our monthly meetings? Any questions about the participation to these events?
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Membership related issues
- email@example.com – billing Rajapinta ry – remember to reference who you interacted with (our reference) to make the billing quick to process.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – All other matters
Executive Committee (2019)
- Salla-Maaria Laaksonen (chair, University of Helsinki)
- Minttu Tikka (vice chair, University of Helsinki)
- Jukka Huhtamäki (Tampere University of Technology)
- Juha Koljonen (University of Helsinki)
- Tuukka Lehtiniemi (Aalto University / University of Turku)
- Robin Lybeck (Åbo Akademi)
- Merja Porttikivi (University of Helsinki / Aalto University)
- Margareta Salonen (University of Jyväskylä)
- Tuomas Soila (University of Helsinki)
- External treasurer: Marjoriikka Ylisiurua (University of Helsinki)
Personal email addresses are format email@example.com.
Name lists of old committees can be found here.
Charter and other official documentation
We are a Finnish association, Finnish Associations Act (Yhdistyslaki) and our charter (yhdistyksen säännöt). The official language of the association is Finnish.
The association ID is 218.923 and further information of the association is provided in the government’s information system.
To reach us, use the firstname.lastname@example.org -address or our postal address
Rajapinta ry c/o Salla-Maaria Laaksonen PL 24 (Unioninkatu 40 C) 00014 Helsingin yliopisto